Thomas Blacklock/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Thomas Blacklock, or pages that link to Thomas Blacklock or to this page or whose text .
- Edinburgh: The capital of Scotland.
- Robert Burns: The National poet of Scotland (1759-96); writer of Auld Lang Syne.
- Scotland: A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Poetry: A form of literary work which uses rhythm, metre, and sound elements (such as assonance or dissonance) to structure, amplify, and in some instances supplant the literal meanings of words.
- Scottish Enlightenment: A period in 18th century Scotland characterized by a great outpouring of intellectual and scientific accomplishments.