From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Thermite, or pages that link to Thermite or to this page or whose text .
- Oxidation : Chemical loss of electrons, gain of oxygen, or loss of hydrogen, from an atom, ion or molecule (oxidation); chemical gain of electrons, loss of oxygen, or gain of hydrogen, from and atom, ion, or molecule (reduction)
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Incendiary : An agent in military ammunition, which generates heat and possibly flame, with the intention of destroying objects by fire
- Welding : Fabrication process that joins materials, usually metals or thermoplastics, by causing coalescence at a high melting point.