Terminal guidance/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Terminal guidance, or pages that link to Terminal guidance or to this page or whose text .
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Precision-guided munition : A powered or unpowered weapon that adjusts its flight path to hit a specific target, with a circular error probability in the low number of meters, often less than the radius of destruction
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Active radar homing : In contrast to semi-active radar homing where the missile only has a radar receiver, a missile guidance mode where the missile has its own radar transmitter and receiver allowing it to act autonomously
- Thermal imaging guidance : Add brief definition or description
- Semi-active radar homing : In contrast to active radar homing and command guidance, a missile guidance method in which the missile carries a radar receiver only, homing on the reflections, from the target, of a separate illuminating radar
- Passive radar homing : Missile guidance technique in which the missile homes on the signals from an enemy radar to be attacked, typically for anti-radar applications but sometimes home-on-jam against electronic warfare