Talk:Rap and hip hop
What's in a name?
Why do we need to call this article Rap and Hip Hop? Why not call it Hip Hop or Rap and redirect, or make separate articles? i.e. Hip Hop about the entire cultural phenomenon and Rap about MCing in particular-- or hell, we could just save everyone the trouble and have articles specifically about DJing, MCing and so on rather than tying ourselves in knots by trying to pin down just what Hip Hop is. I think I like this last idea best, and it is what respectable publications (like Britannica) do, on occasion, when confronted by a nebulous topic. Either way, I'm glad this article finally exists. Brian P. Long 18:11, 22 April 2008 (CDT)
- The Hip hop articles already exists, at Hip-hop
- What we all need to do is a)perform a reasonable search before we start new articles (do this consistently, moi included) b)make all sensible redirects when we write a new article
- We now need a merge, delete, and appropriate redirects
- So have at it, someone. (Don't look at me.)
- Aleta Curry 19:24, 22 April 2008 (CDT)
Hi Brian, hi Aleta, thanks for writing to me and discussing my article. I think it is a good idea to merge my information either into the Hip Hop article or to create new sub-articles (such as DJing, etc....). I will be away until Thursday evening and will do it on Friday. Thanks again. Raphael :Raphael D. Thöne 23. April 2008.
- Kewl. Looks to me like all the hippity hoppity redirects are in place (thanks, Noel), so knock yourself out in your own time, Raphael. Aleta Curry 01:12, 23 April 2008 (CDT)
- Right. And if someone feels some content should be someplace that's currently a redirect, please tromp all over the redirect. ('Take my redirect! Please!' :-) They are just there to i) prevent duplicates, and ii) help bring people to the content we do have. No statement of any kind is being made, about where anything should be, when I make them. J. Noel Chiappa 14:40, 23 April 2008 (CDT)