From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- Joint Network Node : A transportable communications routing and circuit-switching node, designed as a transition into the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- U.S. Army : Add brief definition or description
- TRC-170 : A U.S. Army radio, with line-of-sight (LOS) and beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS), using troposcatter technology. It is transportable meaning that it can moved by tactical transport facilites but must be stopped and set up to work, and is part of the Joint Network Node system.
- TRC-190 : A High Capacity Line of Sight (HCLOS) microwave radio, used with the Joint Network Node of the U.S. Army to provide high-speed connectivity between nodes.