From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Su-25. Needs checking by a human.
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- Air-to-surface missile : Launched from an fixed-wing aircraft or helicopter, missiles of this category have a wide variety of ranges, sensors, autonomy vs. man-in-the-loop control, warheads, and need for battle damage assessment
- Close air support : Weapons delivered, by aircraft, in close proximity to friendly forces that are in contact with enemy forces; direct support of ground combat requiring extreme care to avoid fratricide
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.
- FROGFOOT : NATO designation for Russian Su-25 close air support fixed-wing aircraft
- Flare (electronic warfare) : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures
- Il-2 Shturmovik : The first successful heavily armored, heavily gunned close air support aircraft, optimized for anti-tank warfare, and the archetype for a long series of attack aircraft with similar missions
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Sirena : An early series of Soviet and Russian radar warning receivers
- Vympel R-27 (missile) : Russian air-to-air missile in continued development, principally a medium- to long-range beyond-visual-range weapon
- Vympel R-60 (missile) : A short-range air-to-air missile (NATO: AA-8 APHID) with infrared guidance
- Vympel R-73 (missile) : A fourth-generation Russian air-to-air missile, with infrared guidance intended for dogfighting.