Spanish Florida/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Spanish Florida, or pages that link to Spanish Florida or to this page or whose text .
- Florida, history : Acquired by the U.S. in 1821 and remained a peripheral state until the late 20th century, when migrants from cold-weather areas relocated giving it the 4th largest population by 2000.
- : Spanish conquistador in the Americas, settled Puerto Rico, first governor of Puerto Rico, 'discovered' Florida.
- : Spanish conquistador in the Americas, led expedition to Mexico opposed to Hernando Cortes, defeated by Cortes; lead disastrous expedition to Florida in 1527, where he died.
- : Participated in the conquest of Peru, led expedition to Florida in 1539 that wandered across the southeastern United States until his death in 1542.
- : Capital of Spanish Florida, oldest continuously occupied, European founded city in the United States (outside of Puerto Rico).
- : Treasurer of the Narváez expedition, 1528-1536, one of four survivors, he wrote an account of the expedition.