Snake oil (cryptography)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Snake oil (cryptography), or pages that link to Snake oil (cryptography) or to this page or whose text .
- Secure communication : Add brief definition or description
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- One-time pad : A cipher system in which the cryptographic key, i.e. the secret used to encrypt and decrypt messages, is a sequence of random values, each one of which is only ever used once, and only to encrypt one particular letter or word.
- Stream cipher : A cipher that encrypts data by mixing it with the output of a pseudorandom number generator controlled by a key; to decrypt, run the same generator with the same key to get the same pseudorandom data, then reverse the mixing step.