Sites of Special Scientific Interest/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Sites of Special Scientific Interest: In the United Kingdom, a designation given to an area of land deemed of specific interest for its interesting biological or geological features. Granting of SSSI status protects land from development, damage and neglect. The relevant legislation covering SSSIs is the Countryside and Right of Way Act 2000.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Conservation : Add brief definition or description
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty : Designation given to protect and conserve areas of natural beauty in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 : Add brief definition or description
- National park : An area set aside by a national government as a nature preserve.