Shin Bet/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Shin Bet
Shin Bet: Israeli domestic intelligence, roughly equivalent to the British Security Service (MI5)
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- State of Israel : Country established from the British Mandate of Palestine; declared independence in 1948.
- Israeli intelligence and security services : Add brief definition or description
- Counterintelligence : Countermeasures to foreign intelligence organizations collecting intelligence against one's own side.
- Counterterrorism : A range of activities that prevent attempted terrorism well before an actual act is close to being executed, including killing or capturing terrorists; complements and can include anti-terrorism, or measures taken to minimize the impact of an attempted or completed act; counterterrorism proper is "enemy centric" rather than counterinsurgency, which is "people-centric"
- Ami Ayalon : Minister without Portfolio (2007-2009) and Member of Knesset; Former head of the Shin Bet and Israeli Defense Forces Navy; Medal of Valor (Israel) recipient; recommends third-party negotiations with Hamas
Other Israeli security services
- Aman : Israeli military intelligence, roughly equivalent to the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency or Russian GRU
- Mossad : The civilian foreign intelligence and covert action agency of Israel, roughly comparable to the British Secret Intelligence Service or U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- Security Service : British domestic counterintelligence service, without police powers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation : The principal U.S. Federal police agency, part of the U.S. Department of Justice and the United States intelligence community, who has arrest authority, and is the primary authority for a variety of domestic crimes, civilian counterespionage within the United States, and organized crime
- FSB : In the Russian Federation, the domestic counterintelligence organizations, many of whose functions were inherited from the Second Chief Directorate of the Soviet Committee for State Security (KGB)
- Agenzia informazioni e sicurezza interna : Italy's domestic intelligence service, previously SISDE