Shawn Brimley/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Shawn Brimley, or pages that link to Shawn Brimley or to this page or whose text .
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Center for a New American Security : A fairly new national security think tank, the founders of which are now in the Obama administration; some of the new senior members have significant field counterinsurgency experience
- Michelle Flournoy : U.S. strategic analyst; Under Secretary of Defense for Policy in the Obama administration; Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Institute; cofounder of the Center for a New American Security; Expert panel, Iraq Study Group
- Under Secretary of Defense for Policy : Principal staff assistant and adviser to the U.S. Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary of Defense for all matters on the formulation of national security objectives and the integration and oversight of U.S. Department of Defense policy and plans to achieve national security objectives; sometimes described as running an internal "think tank"