Shanghai Cooperation Organisation/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, or pages that link to Shanghai Cooperation Organisation or to this page or whose text .
- People's Republic of China : Add brief definition or description
- Kazakhstan : A landlocked central Asian nation, formerly part of the Soviet Union, bordered by China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
- Kyrgyzstan : A landlocked central Asian nation, formerly part of the Soviet Union; after a coup, it successfully held democratic elections
- Russia : A country in northern Eurasia, with an area of 17 million km², currently the largest on our planet.
- Tajikistan : Bordered by Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, a landlocked, predominantly Muslim, nation of Central Asia, formerly part of the Soviet Union
- Uzbekistan : Previously part of the Soviet Union, a landlocked, predominantly Muslim nation of Central Asia, with Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan as neighbors
- Commonwealth of Independent States : Regional organization, founded in 1991 by Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine, whose participating countries are former Soviet Republics.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : Association of South-East Asian Nations; treaty group formed in 1967, originally comprising Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand; Brunei was admitted as a member in 1984, Vietnam in 1995, Burma and Laos in 1997, Cambodia in 1999; Australia is a "dialogue partner".
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization : Intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.