San Diego/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to San Diego, or pages that link to San Diego or to this page or whose text .
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- Cabrillo National Monument : National monument (park) in San Diego, California, commemorating the first European exploration of California in 1542.
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá : A former religious outpost established in 1769 on the west coast of North America in the present-day State of California by Roman Catholics of the Franciscan Order under the direction of the Spanish crown.
- San Diegan : One of the named passenger trains of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway that operated between March 27, 1938 and April 30, 1971.
- San Diego and Arizona Railway : A short line, standard gauge American railroad founded by "sugar heir," developer, and entrepreneur John D. Spreckels in 1919, dubbed "The Impossible Railroad" by many engineers of its day due to the immense logistical challenges involved.
- San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway : Short line, standard gauge American railroad founded in 1933 by the Southern Pacific Transportation Company as a direct successor to John D. Spreckels' San Diego and Arizona Railway.
- San Diego Electric Railway : A short line, standard gauge American electrified railway system founded by "sugar heir," developer, and entrepreneur John D. Spreckels in 1891.
- USNS Mission San Diego (T-AO-121) : The eleventh ship in the Mission Buenaventura-class of fleet oilers built during World War II for service in the United States Navy.