Routing information base/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Routing information base, or pages that link to Routing information base or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Routing information base. Needs checking by a human.
- BGP connection establishment : used to establish a TCP connection and a BGP session between two routers before they can exchange exterior routing information.
- Border Gateway Protocol : In a set of interconnected networks, the means by which different autonomous systems advertise the destinations to which they offer connectivity
- Control plane : Functions in a router that tell it how to direct packets through the forwarding plane; include routing protocols that draw the "map" of the network
- Default route : The exit of last resort onto which a router can forward packets whose destination does not match any prefix in the local routing table
- Default-free zone : Routers in the default-free zone (DFZ) have no default routes in their routing information base; they obtain all their routing information from local configuration and routing protocols, especially the Border Gateway Protocol
- Forwarding information base : Add brief definition or description
- Forwarding plane : The part of the router architecture that decides what to do with packets arriving on an inbound interface.
- Internet transit provider : A Internet Service Provider that is connected to the default-free zone (DFZ), and, for a payment, will connect customers to the DFZ.
- Personal computer : A computer whose price, size, and features make it suitable for personal use.