Robert Komer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Robert Komer, or pages that link to Robert Komer or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Robert Komer. Needs checking by a human.
- Ambassador : An individual of the highest diplomatic rank, most commonly the representative of the head of state of his or her government to the head of state of the country to which the ambassador is accredited.
- CIA activities in Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- CIA activities in Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- CIA transnational human rights activities : Add brief definition or description
- John Paul Vann : Influential field operator in the Vietnam War, first as a United States Army advisor and lieutenant colonel, who later worked for the Agency for International Development in a role with the authority of a major general
- McGeorge Bundy : Harvard University professor and dean who became Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs in the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson Administrations between 1961-1966.
- Military Assistance Command, Vietnam : Headquarters for most U.S. combat and support units assisting the Republic of Vietnam
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Sometimes called the "other war" in the Vietnam War, involving counterinsurgency and local development
- Richard Holbrooke : United States diplomat, currently the U.S. special envoy to South Asia, including Afghanistan; director, National Endowment for Democracy; Director, Atlantic Council
- United States Mission to the Republic of Vietnam : The combination of all U.S. official organizations in Vietnam; during the Vietnam War, it included the military, as opposed to the separate chains of command in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China
- White House : The official residence and offices of the President of the United States; also used to describe Presidential level activity
- William Westmoreland : General in the U.S. Army; Commander, U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (COMUSMACV)] 1964–1968; Chief of Staff of the Army 1968–1972.