From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- The Return of History and the End of Dreams (Knopf 2008)
- Dangerous Nation: America's Place in the World from its Earliest Days to the Dawn of the 20th Century (Knopf 2006)
- Of Paradise and Power (Knopf 2003)
- See America at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative Legacy context on Kagan's argument that Europe opposes American exceptionalism. Robert Kagan, "Power and Weakness", Policy Review, June 2002,