Richard Bernstein/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Richard Bernstein, or pages that link to Richard Bernstein or to this page or whose text .
- Criticism : The art of assessing the character and worth of a work or works of art, and communicating this assessment.
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Jihad : Literally meaning "struggle", a Muslim concept that can refer to an inward-directed personal process to submit to God's will, or to an external combat with the enemies of Islam
- Omar Abdel-Rahman : Serving a life sentence (without the possibility of parole) for the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, he is a radical Islamist cleric of Egyptian origin, who was affiliated with some of the ideological guides and founders of al-Qaeda
- Sayyid Qutb : Born in 1906, radicalized in 1951, and executed in 1966, an influential theorist of Salafist revolutionary Islam; considered one of the two spiritual fathers of al-Qaeda and the mentor of Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Multiculturalism : Add brief definition or description
- The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order : A book, by Samuel Huntington, assuming a fundamental conflict between civilizations of different cultures, and discussing grand strategy to deal with this conflict
- International Herald Tribune : A widely read and influential English-language daily newspaper currently owned by the The New York Times Company and printed at three dozen sites throughout the world and sold in more than 180 countries.
- New York Times : A widely distributed daily newspaper, published in New York City.
- Time : Add brief definition or description