Resting potential/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Resting potential, or pages that link to Resting potential or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Resting potential. Needs checking by a human.
- Action potential : A brief change in voltage that travels along a cell membrane.
- Cell (biology) : The basic unit of life, consisting of biochemical networks enclosed by a membrane.
- Dendrite : A long, thin extension of the cell body of a neuron that is specialised to receive afferent input from other neurons.
- Ion channel : Gated, ion-selective glycoproteins that traverse membranes. The stimulus for channel gating can be a membrane potential, drug, transmitter, cytoplasmic messenger, or a mechanical deformation.