Research funding/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Research funding: The provision of financial resources for the purpose of studying something by means of the scientific method.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Policy : Add brief definition or description
- Research : The process of systematic inquiry and traceable vindication within a logically organized system of knowledge.
- Funding : (i) The provision of finance for a particular purpose: (ii) the process of selling long-term securities and using the procceds to redeem short-term debt.
- Science funding : The process of providing the financial means to conduct academic research in any subfield of science.
- Research grant : Add brief definition or description
- Grant proposal : Add brief definition or description
- Grant peer review : A variant of peer review in which grant proposals are being evaluated; used by research funding agencies to decide how to distribute their funds.
- Funding body : An institution that finances activities or structures for a specific purpose, e.g. scientific research.
- Wellcome Trust : Add brief definition or description
- National Institutes of Health : "The steward of medical and behavioral research for the Nation." (National Institutes of Health)
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft : The major public research funding organization in Germany.
- Research peer review : Evaluation by experts of the quality and pertinence of research or research proposals of other experts in the same field.
- Peer review : The process of evaluating a manuscript prior to publication or a grant proposal prior to funding; see Research peer review.
- Principal investigator : Add brief definition or description
- Research evaluation : Add brief definition or description
- Academic journal : A regularly-published, peer-reviewed publication that publishes scholarship relating to an academic discipline.
- Scientific journal : A publication venue for original research and scholarly review articles — for more than three centuries on paper and now increasingly online.
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Science 2.0 : An umbrella term used to label the use of Web 2.0 tools for scientific purposes.
- Science policy : Add brief definition or description
- Open Science : Add brief definition or description
- Open access : The free, immediate online access to the results of research, coupled with the right to use those results in new and innovative ways.
- Humanities : Academic disciplines which deal with the human condition and what it is to be human.
- Social science : Any of a number of academic disciplines which study human social behavior, institutions and relations.