From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Reflexology, or pages that link to Reflexology or to this page or whose text .
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific.
- Integrative medicine : Organized health care that involves willing cooperation between mainstream and complementary medicine
- Reflex : An action taken in response to a stimulus (in contrast to an action taken after a rational analysis of its consequences).
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Traditional Chinese medicine : A system of traditional medicine which is based on the beliefs and practices of the Chinese culture. (Anonymous (2015), Traditional Chinese Medicine (English). Medical Subject Headings. U.S. National Library of Medicine.)
- Massage : Systematic, applied manipulation of body tissues with the hands to relieve pain and reduce swelling, relax muscles, and speed healing after strains and sprains.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Physical examination : Systematic and thorough inspection of the patient for physical signs of disease or abnormality.
- Reiki : Japanese spiritual healing process and philosophical system that claims to be able to manipulate energy fields.
- Therapeutic touch : A form of energy healing, performed by a therapist positioning hands over the patient's body, and sensing and adjusting energy fields