Racism in Australia/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Racism in Australia, or pages that link to Racism in Australia or to this page or whose text .
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Sociology : Social science that studies human social behavior or social relations, social institutions and structures, demography, public opinion, social welfare, social psychology and some forms of political behavior, as well as the history of sociology.
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Race : A categorization of people according to specific physical attributes: most commonly, these are skin colour, facial characteristics and sometimes hair type.
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- Federation : Add brief definition or description
- Migration (demography) : The field of demography that studies the causes, patterns, and consequences of large-scale permanent change in residence.
- Prejudice : An unjustifiable bias in favour of or against a particular individual or group.
- Racism : Belief in the difference, and often superiority, of one racial group over other racial groups.
- Stereotype : Cultural bias created by attributing real or perceived qualities or behaviour to an entire, or assuming them to be true for every individual within that group.
- Riot : Add brief definition or description
- White Australia policy : A period of official and unofficial discrimination in Australian history, during which immigration policy and citizenship requirements were heavily biased to favour white European migrants.
- Institutional racism : Add brief definition or description
- White nationalism : Political movement aiming for a separate nation that exists solely for people of a white, European ethnic origin.
- Nazism : Practices and philosophy of national socialism in the German Nazi Party (1920-1945) and more recent neo-Nazi movements
- Ku Klux Klan : Add brief definition or description
- Apartheid : The ideological and policy program that dictated racial identity and race relations in South Africa, 1948-1990
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- SEATO : Add brief definition or description