Piping (engineering)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Piping (engineering), or pages that link to Piping (engineering) or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Control valve : A valve used within an industrial plant or elsewhere to control operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, liquid level and flow rate by fully or partially opening or closing in response to signals received from controllers that compare a "setpoint" to a "process variable" whose value is provided by independent sensors that monitor changes in such conditions.