From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Photon. Needs checking by a human.
- Atom (science) : The defining unit of chemical elements.
- Aurora Borealis : Visible light stimulated by the interaction of the solar wind and the upper atmosphere, around the North Magnetic Pole.
- Boson : elementary particle with integral spin; composite system consisting of an even number of fermions.
- Double-slit experiment : Demonstration of the wave properties of light, first performed by Thomas Young to demonstrate Christiaan Huygen’s Principle.
- Electromagnetic radiation : a collection of electromagnetic waves, usually of different wavelengths.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Eye : The eye is an organ that can detect an image.
- Gravitational lens : A lens formed when light from a very distant, bright source (such as a quasar) is 'bent' around a massive object (such as a cluster of galaxies) between the source object and the observer.
- International Ultraviolet Explorer : An astronomical satellite designed primarily to observe ultraviolet spectra.
- Magnetometer : A scientific instrument used to measure the strength and/or direction of the magnetic field in the vicinity of the instrument.
- Matter : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Matter (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Momentum : mass of a particle times its velocity (a vector).
- Normal distribution : a symmetrical bell-shaped probability distribution representing the frequency of random variations of a quantity from its mean.
- Nuclear fuel cycle : The progression of nuclear fuel through a series of differing stages, also called the nuclear fuel chain.
- Nuclear medicine : That medical specialty, or subspecialty, concerned with diagnosis and treatment using radioisotopes administered to the patient
- Photosynthesis : The process by which an organism captures and stores energy from sunlight, energy it uses to power its cellular activities.
- Quantum mechanics : An important branch of physics dealing with the behavior of matter and energy at very small scales.
- Radiant flux : The rate of flow of radiant energy.
- Radiation-emitting product : An electronic device or physical product that emits defined types of ionizing radiation, non-ionizing radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum, or sound energy, and makes claims to have medical benefits
- Radiation : Transmission of energy through space.
- Radiochemistry : The chemistry of radioactive materials
- Radiographic equipment : Equipment used for radiographic work, both medical and industrial.
- Schrödinger equation : A differential equation of quantum mechanics, describing the spatial and temporal behavior of wave functions.
- Zero-point energy : The lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may possess; it is the energy of the ground state of the system.