Peter Singer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Peter Singer, or pages that link to Peter Singer or to this page or whose text .
- Ethics : The branch of philosophy dealing with standards of good and evil.
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Utilitarianism : Philosophical doctrine created by Jeremy Bentham and James Mill which states that an action can be considered good to the extent that it increases the general level of happiness in society.
- Animal Liberation : 1975 book by Australian-born philosopher Peter Singer advocating greater consideration of the rights of non-human animals under a utilitarian theory of considering the pain suffered by all living creatures; considered by many to be the foundational book of the animal liberation movement. Singer does not advocate for "animal rights" as rights are not primary in Singer's ethical theory.
- Examined Life : 2008 documentary by Astra Taylor which consists of a number of interviews with philosophers including Cornel West, Kwame Anthony Appiah, Avital Ronell, Martha Nussbaum and Slavoj Žižek.
- The Life You Can Save : Add brief definition or description