Parker Griffith is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, from the 5th District of Alabama. He is a retired radiation oncologist and small business owner, elected to the the Alabama State Senate in 2006 and to Congress in 2008. First elected in 2008, running as a Democrat, he is changing his affiliation to the U.S. Republican Party.
In June 2009, he met with LTG Ronald Burgess, Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, to emphasize the importance of the Redstone Arsenal Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MSIC) in ballistic missile defense.
Dr. Griffith voted against the H.R. 3962 House health care bill in November 2009.
- House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- House Science and Technology Committee
- House Small Business Committee
- Blue Dog Coalition
- Co-chair, health care task force
- New Democrat Coalition
- Cancer Caucus
- Missile Defense Caucus (Co-chair)
- NASA House Action Committee
- Parkinson's Caucus
- Pediatric Cancer Caucus
- Pro-Life Caucus
- Robotics Caucus
- Rural Caucus
- Rural Health Care Task Force (Co-chair)
Source: Federal Election Results - final official tally
- Chris Cizilla (22 December 2009), "Alabama Democrat to switch parties", Washington Post
- Parker Griffith (9 June 2009), Griffith Presses Defense Intelligence Agency over MSIC Future