Panic of 1907/Bibliography
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Bruner, Robert F. and Sean D. Carr. The Panic of 1907: Lessons Learned from the Market's Perfect Storm (2007).
- Cahill, Kevin J. "The U.S. Bank Panic of 1907 and the Mexican Depression." Historian, (1998), Vol. 60, no. 4.
- Carosso, Vincent P. The Morgans: Private International Bankers, 1854-1913 (1987).
- Friedman, Milton, and Anna J. Schwartz. A Monetary History of the United States: 1867-1960 (1963).
- Garraty, John A. Right-Hand Man: The Life of George W. Perkins (1960), ch. 11.
- Koenig, Brigitte. "Panic of 1907." Encyclopedia of American Recessions and Depressions, edited by Daniel Leab. New York: ABC-CLIO, 2014.
- Moen, Jon, and Ellis W. Tallman. "The Bank Panic of 1907: The Role of the Trust Companies." Journal of Economic History 52 (September 1992): 611-630.
- Moen, Jon, and Ellis W. Tallman. "Clearinghouse Membership and Deposit Contraction during the Panic of 1907," The Journal of Economic History 60, No. 1 (March 2000): 145-163.
- Moen, Jon. "Panic of 1907." EH.Net Encyclopedia, edited by Robert Whaples. August 15, 2001.
- Moody, John. The Masters of Capital: A Chronicle of Wall Street (1921), popular; ch 8, pp 131-54.
- Noyes, Alexander D. "A Year After the Panic of 1907," Quarterly Journal of Economics (1909) 23#2 pp. 185-212; stress on international economy.
- Noyes, Alexander D. Forty Years of American Finance: A Short Financial History ... 1865-1907]. (1909).
- Rodgers, Mary Tone. "Was the Panic of 1907 a Global Crisis? Testing Noyes' Assertion." Financial Crises Past and Present: Celebrating the Research Contributions of Elmus R. Wicker, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Indiana University, Bloomington, Saturday, October 25, 2014.
- Sprague, O. M. W. "The American Crisis of 1907." The Economic Journal 18 (September 1908): 353-72.
- Strouse, Jean. Morgan: American Financier (1999).
- Wicker, Elmus. Banking Panics of the Gilded Age. Cambridge University Press, 2000.