Pain medicine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Pain medicine, or pages that link to Pain medicine or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pain medicine. Needs checking by a human.
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific.
- Fibromyalgia : Inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body, characterized by acute and debilitating widespread musculoskeletal pain.
- Futile care : Medical procedure or treatment that cannot achieve its stated goals or produce its expected benefits, regardless of repetition and duration of treatment.
- Hospice and palliative medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Imagery (psychotherapy) : The use of mental images produced by the imagination as a form of therapy for emotional disorders, or to help cope with the emotional impact of disease or discomfort.
- Integrative medicine : Organized health care that involves willing cooperation between mainstream and complementary medicine
- Nursing : A health sciences profession concerned with promoting and optimizing health; minimizing illness, morbidity, and mortality; alleviation of suffering through understanding its causes and means of alleviating it; and advocating the appropriate health care of individuals, families, communities, and populations
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Placebo : A treatment or drug, administered by, or at the orders of, a health professional, that the professional knows will have no physiologic effect
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine