From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Oscar Wilde was the second of three children born to Jane Elgee (nom de plume Jane Speranza) and William Wilde in Dublin. In 1884 he married Constance Lloyd, the daughter of a London QC.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray (novel)
- The Happy Prince and Other Tales (collection of short stories)
- The Portrait of Mr W. H.
- The Soul of Man under Socialism (essay)
- Lord Arthur Savile's Crime and Other Stories (collection of short stories)
- A House of Pomegranates
- The Sphinx
- The Ballad of Reading Gaol (poem)
- De Profundis (letter to Lord Alfred Douglas)