Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
Operation Lam Son 719/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Operation Lam Son 719, or pages that link to Operation Lam Son 719 or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnamization : A policy, formalized by name in the Nixon Administration but reflecting earlier U.S. thinking, of making the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam primarily responsible for conventional ground combat, in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam : A term describing both the ground force specifically, and the armed forces generally, of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and Fall of South Vietnam
- Hoang Xuan Lam : One of the few general officers of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam ever relieved, in battle, for incompetence, during the Operation Lam Son 719 into Laos
- Nguyen Van Thieu : Vietnamese officer and politician (1923–2001); president of South Vietnam 1967–1975.
- Creighton Abrams : General in the U.S. Army, who was the last head of Military Assistance Command, Vietnam and then Chief of Staff of the Army, who built the volunteer army and restructured the reserve components under the Total Force Concept
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- People's Army of Viet Nam : The Communist military forces originally of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (i.e., North Vietnam), and then of the country after it was forcibly reunified in 1975.