Operation FLINTLOCK/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Operation FLINTLOCK, or pages that link to Operation FLINTLOCK or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Operation FLINTLOCK. Needs checking by a human.
- Chester Nimitz : United States Navy fleet admiral (1885-1966) who was Commander in Chief, Pacific and Pacific Ocean Areas in World War II
- Marshall Islands : Formerly a U.S. trust territory, site of major Japanese bases in WWII, and then used for U.S. nuclear testing after the war; now a semi-independent facility with local government but the U.S. in control of foreign policy; the U.S. operates large ballistic missile defense test ranges
- Operation CATCHPOLE : The U.S. invasion of Eniwetok, in the Marshall Islands, during the Pacific campaign of the Second World War
- USS Almaack (AKA-10) : attack cargo ship of the Second World War
- USS Thuban (AKA-19) : Andromeda-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War
- USS Virgo (AKA-20) : Andromeda-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War, later converted to an ammunition ship
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.