Operation EAGLE PULL/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Operation EAGLE PULL, or pages that link to Operation EAGLE PULL or to this page or whose text .
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- CH-53 : Heavy transport helicopter used by the United States Marine Corps and Israel; MH-53 PAVE LOW special operations version used by United States Air Force
- Khmer Rouge : An extreme Marxist guerrilla movement, and then genocidal government, of Cambodia.
- Marine Air-Ground Task Force : The basic structure of United States Marine Corps combined arms, task-organized units
- Operation FREQUENT WIND : The U.S. evacuations of people near Saigon, as Vietnam was overrun by the People's Army of Viet Nam.
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support