Norton Schwartz/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Norton Schwartz, or pages that link to Norton Schwartz or to this page or whose text .
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- United States Transportation Command : The single point of contact and operations for transportation services, by land, air, and sea, for the U.S. Department of Defense
- Robert Gates : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the Obama and George W. Bush Administrations; Member, Iraq Study Group; former Director of Central Intelligence
- Chief of Staff of the Air Force : The senior uniformed leader of the United States Air Force, responsible for development and readiness of Air Force units and representing the Air Force on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but not in the line of command over Unified Combatant Commands
- F-22 Raptor : A "fifth generation" fighter, with stealth, supercruise, extreme maneuverability, and an extremely high price tag that caused its production to be stopped in favor of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- United States nuclear surety : Policy, procedures and technologies produced by the United States, and in some cases shared with other countries, to make nuclear weapons, and certain other potent weapons, "safe, secure, and under positive control" [of the highest civilian authority]
- MRAP : Mine-Resistant, Ambush-Protected vehicle, deployed in the Afghanistan War and in Iraq, designed to be more resistant than the HMMWV to improvised explosive devices
- AC-130 : Heavily armed transport aircraft, based on the C-130 Hercules, used to provide air support to special operations forces.
- HC-130 : Search and rescue variant of the C-130 Hercules transport
- MC-130 COMBAT TALON : Special operations transport aircraft primarily intended to support ground forces in denied areas, by airdrop or assault landing; secondary capability of helicopter refueling and navigational assistance.
- MC-130 COMBAT SHADOW : A long-range U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command aircraft intended to refuel special operations helicopters, and carry out other clandestine functions such as leaflet drops
- MH-53 PAVE LOW : A U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command long-range heavy helicopter, with all-weather and night capability, used for combat search and rescue, guiding other helicopters without equivalent night and navigation equipment, and infiltrating, exfiltrating, and supplying special operations personnel
- MH-60 Nighthawk : Special operations version of the H-60 Blackhawk helicopter