Northwest Frontier Province/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Northwest Frontier Province, or pages that link to Northwest Frontier Province or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Northwest Frontier Province. Needs checking by a human.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Balochistan Province : The largest province of Pakistan (also written Baluchistan); relatively autonomous like the Northwest Frontier Province and Federally Administered Tribal Areas; capital is Quetta; borders Iran and Afghanistan.
- Federally Administered Tribal Area (Pakistan) : A region of Pakistan that is outside the regular system of Pakistani provincial government, involving a combination of tribal leaders and "agents" of the national government; the subdivisions are called "agencies", not "provinces"; from an international standpoint, it is fairly lawless
- Helmand Province : A province of southern Afghanistan, on the border with Pakistan; largest land area of any province but relatively small population
- Islamabad : The capital of Pakistan
- Jamaat-i-Islami : Pakistan's oldest Islamist religious party, marginal in national politics but more powerful in the semi-autonomous frontier provinces; possibly affiliated with the Taliban
- Jamiat-ul-Ulama-i-Islam : A Deoband Islamist and Pashtun, although not separatist, opposition party of Pakistan, with its greatest strength in the Balochistan Province and Northwest Frontier Province
- Lodhi : A Pashtun tribe, a sub-group of the larger Ghilzais of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Pakistan : Country in southern Asia, established as a Muslim state split from India in 1947, bordering the Arabian Sea to the south, India to the east, Iran and Afghanistan to the west, and China to the north.
- Pashtun people : An Eastern Iranian ethnic group primarily located in Southern Afghanistan in the Northwest Frontier Province, Federally Administered Tribal Area and Balochistan Province of western Pakistan; language is Pashto
- Peshawar : Capital of Pakistan's Northwest Frontier Province near the Afghanistan border; in the midst of Taliban insurgency
- Political party : An organization that seeks to advance the interests of its members by obtaining political power
- Quetta : Capital of the Balochistan Province of Pakistan. It is believed to be the headquarters of the Taliban Quetta shura governing body under Mullah Muhammad Omar.
- Taliban in Pakistan : Activities of the Taliban movement to take political control of parts of Pakistan, rather than using Pakistan as a sanctuary to operate in Afghanistan
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- U-2 Dragon Lady : A high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft that remains a key U.S. intelligence collection platform.