No-fly zone/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to No-fly zone, or pages that link to No-fly zone or to this page or whose text .
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Suppression of enemy air defense : Military actions taken to reduce the effectiveness, or destroy, the radars, radio and other communications links, surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, fighter aircraft and their airbases and command posts of air defense systems
- Offensive counter-air : Air operations intended to damage or destroy enemy aircraft and missile capabilities, both by attacking ground facilities and engaging aircraft close to their bases
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- Beriev A-50 : Russian airborne warning and control system aircraft, for which interoperability with the NATO/US E-3 Sentry is being developed for coalition operations
- E-2 Hawkeye : Designed for the U.S. Navy and used by several other countries, this radar aircraft carries long-range airborne early warning and surface search radar, and has a modest force command & control capability, the latter enhanced by "virtual workstations" on linked ships
- E-3 Sentry : Airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft, equipped with a large radar and a battle staff, which can detect aircraft and control combat.
- MQ-4 GLOBAL HAWK : Unmanned aerial vehicle of global range, which collects, minimally, imagery and signals intelligence; long-endurance and has some of the operational characteristics of a reconnaissance satellite; may be a national or a theater-level asset
- RC-135 RIVET JOINT : A United States Air Force long-range aircraft for collecting communications intelligence
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- Panavia Tornado : A fighter aircraft, with several versions, built by a European consortium and used by a number of nations.
- Fratricide (military) : The killing of one's brother, but in a military context, the killing of one's own forces ("friendly fire").
- Identification friend or foe : Military electronic systems that send a secure "don't kill me" signal to friendly forces, to avoid fratricide, usually based on encrypted interaction with a transponder