From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- 1 Parent topics
- 2 Subtopics
- 2.1 Principal cities
- 2.2 Politics and government
- 2.3 Social, cultural, and educational
- 2.4 Industry and agriculture
- 2.5 Geographical and geological features
- 2.6 Noteworthy places
- 2.7 People
- 2.8 Federal
- 2.9 Nevada state history
- 3 Other related topics
- 4 Bot-suggested topics
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Carson City, Nevada : Add brief definition or description
- Las Vegas, Nevada : Add brief definition or description
- Reno, Nevada : Add brief definition or description
Politics and government
- John Ensign : United States Senator (R-Nevada); veterinarian; Senate Committees on Finance, Budget, Commerce, Science & Transportation; Rules amd Administration; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Harry Reid : U.S. Senator (D-Nevada); Senate Majority Leader; member ex officio, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; Moderate Dems Working Group
U.S. House of Representatives
- Shelley Berkley : U.S. Representative (D-Nevada); U. S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs; New Democrat Coalition; Congressional Caucus on Taiwan
- Dean Heller : Add brief definition or description
- Dina Titus : A member of the United States House of Representatives (Democrat) representing the 3rd Congressional District of Nevada.
Social, cultural, and educational
- To include 4 yr colleges and universities, also museums, zoos, etc
Industry and agriculture
- Principal crops and farming-related articles, industrial products, etc
Geographical and geological features
- Examples: Hoover Dam
- Either native born or important in some way to the state
- Nellis Air Force Base : Add brief definition or description
- Tonopah Test Range : Add brief definition or description
- Area 51 : Highly classified military test site near Groom Lake, in the Nellis Air Force Base complex in Nevada
- Area 52 : Classified U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Department of Energy facility in the Tonopah Test Range, part of Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada
- Nevada Test Site : Add brief definition or description
Nevada state history
Associated U.S. states
- Arizona : 48th state of the USA
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- Idaho : 43rd state of the USA
- Oregon : State in the north west of the United States of America.
- Utah : State in the western portion of the U.S.A.
- Tribes, reservations, etc
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nevada. Needs checking by a human.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- Bigelow Aerospace : North Las Vegas, Nevada space technology startup company that is pioneering work on expandable space station modules, founded in 1999 by hotelier Robert Bigelow.
- Clarence Earl Gideon : The petitioner/defendant in a landmark U.S. Supreme Court case, decided in 1963, establishing the right to counsel protected by the Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : An industrial plant which produces electricity by burning of coal and air in a steam generator that heats water to produce high pressure steam which then flows through a series of steam turbines that spin an electrical generator to generate electricity.
- Gilded Age : the post-Civil War era in American history, from 1865 to 1901, which saw unprecedented economic, industrial, and population expansion.
- Gold : Chemical element 79, symbol Au, a lustrous corrosion-resistant precious metal used for money, electronics and jewelry.
- Horse : Strong, intelligent equine in domestication for thousands of years and also found in the wild in feral populations.
- Library Research Service : The Library Research Service generates library statistics and research for library and education professionals, public officials, and the media.
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- Rudy Giuliani : Member, Iraq Study Group; Republican presidential candidate and mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001.
- USS Eldorado (AGC-11) : A Mount McKinley class amphibious force command ship named after a mountain range in Nevada.