Missile warning receiver/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Missile warning receiver, or pages that link to Missile warning receiver or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Missile warning receiver. Needs checking by a human.
- AAQ-24 : A Directed Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) active electronic device that uses intense light to dazzle or burn out infrared missile seekers
- AAR-57 : Mounted on aircraft, the system detects the ultraviolet energy emissions of missile threats
- ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries
- ALR-93 : Part of the defensive electronics suite for United States Special Operations Command helicopters and fixed-wing transport aircraft, this detects a wide range of radar, and cues a decoy launcher and other countermeasures
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- EL-M-2160 : An missile warning receiver made by the Elta Electronics subsidiary of Israel Aircraft Industries, in versions for both military use and to protect civil aircraft.
- Electro-optical MASINT : A subdiscipline of measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), which has similarities to but complements imagery intelligence (IMINT); it does not form images, but validates them and produces information on phenomena that emit, absorb, or reflect electromagnetic energy in the infrared, visible light, or ultraviolet spectra, where the value is knowledge of the type of energy detected
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- MIM-104 Patriot : Missile originally developed for medium-to-high altitude aircraft interception (SAM) use, which, while retaining that capability, is now optimized as an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) for relatively small but critical areas. The SAM versions have explosive warheads but the ABM is hit-to-kill.
- SS-1 SCUD : A Soviet-designed short range and inaccurate ballistic missile, a near-copy of the Second World War V-2 missile, that was widely exported, copied, employed as a base for new development, and used in combat by Iraq
- Ultraviolet : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum between the visible light and X-ray regions