From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Militarism, or pages that link to Militarism or to this page or whose text .
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- War : A state of violent conflict which exists between two or more independent groups, each seeking to impose its will on the other.
- Japanese militarism : The influence of military officers on the governance and foreign policy of Japan, principally prior to and including World War Two in the Pacific, but possibly including post-1945 developments
- Military-Industrial Complex : A term first popularized by Dwight D. Eisenhower, suggesting that military and industrial sectors may have a disproportionate effect on American policymaking
- Command and control : The combination of lawful authority over people and resources, coupled with the methods of directing their execution of missions and tasks directed at goals set by that authority
- Civilian control of the military : A common but misleading term, as it is a concept of the command policy role rather than the operational control role; nevertheless, it means that civilians are the ultimate policymakers for the military
- Military social science : The interactions of military science with the social sciences, especially critical in training and motivation, and cross-cultural operations