Mike DeLong/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mike DeLong, or pages that link to Mike DeLong or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mike DeLong. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Anthony Zinni : A retired U.S. Marine Corps four-star general, whose assignments included heading United States Central Command and serving as a special envoy for the Israel-Palestinian process. He is strongly critical of the George W. Bush Administration and resigned, in protest, from his diplomatic role.
- Donald Rumsfeld : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush Administration (2001-2008); was the oldest secretary and earlier the youngest secretary in the Administration (1975-1977); major policymaker after the 9-11 attack; advisor, Project for the New American Century
- Iraq War, major combat phase : That part of the Iraq War involving the initial invasion by large-scale ground forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Operation BRIGHT STAR : A major multinational training exercise, held every one or two years, led by the U.S. and Egypt, involving coalitions of dozens of nations under United States Central Command (CENTCOM)
- Tommy Franks : Head of United States Central Command during the start of the Afghanistan War (2001-) and Iraq War; retired as a general