From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Bence Jones, Henry. The Life and Letters of Faraday, (2 vol. 1870, reprint 2006) online vol II, first edition
- Cantor, Geoffrey N. Michael Faraday: Sandemanian and Scientist. (1991)
- Cantor, G. N., David Gooding, and Frank A. J. L. James. Faraday (1991); rev. edn as Michael Faraday (1996)
- Cropper, William H. Great Physicists: The life and times of leading physicists from Galileo to Hawking, Oxford University Press, Oxford (2001)
- Farndon, John et al. The Great Scientists: From Euclid to Stephen Hawking, Metro Books, New York (2007) pp. 80-83.
- Gooding, David, and Frank A. J. L. James, eds. Faraday rediscovered: essays on the life and work of Michael Faraday, 1791–1867 (1985)
- Gribbin, J. The Scientists, A History of Science Told Through the Lives of Its Greatest Inventors, Random House, New York, 2002. Paperback edition (2004) pp. 412-424.
- Hamilton, James A Life of Discovery: Michael Faraday, Giant of the Scientific Revolution Random House, New York, (2004) ISBN 1-4000-6016-8
- Hirshfeld, Alan W. The Electric Life of Michael Faraday Walker (2006)
- James, Frank A. J. L. "Faraday, Michael (1791–1867)", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, (2004); online edition, Jan 2008 at OUP
- Russell, Colin Michael Faraday: Physics and Faith New York: Oxford University Press (2000)
- Simmons, John G. The Scientific 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Scientists, Past and Present, Citadel Press, Secaucus (1996) pp. 59-63.
- Tyndall, John. Faraday as a Discoverer. (1873) online edition
- Williams, L. Pearce Michael Faraday: A Biography Basic Books, New York (1965)
- Anderson, Ronald. "The Crafting of Scientific Meaning and Identity: Exploring the Performative Dimensions of Michael Faraday's Texts," Perspectives on Science" - Volume 14, Number 1, Spring 2006, pp. 7-39 in Project Muse
- Jensen, William B. "Michael Faraday and the Art and Science of Chemical Manipulation." Bulletin for the History of Chemistry (1991) (No. 11): 65–76
- Romo, Jose, and Manuel Doncel. "Faraday's initial mistake concerning the direction of induced currents." Archive for History of Exact Sciences 1994. 47: 291–385.
- Steinle, Friedrich. "Work, Finish, Publish? The formation of the second series of Faraday's 'Experimental researches in electricity.'" Physis, 1996. 33: 141–220.
- Tweney, Ryan D. . "Faraday's notebooks: The active organization of creative science." Physics Education. 1991 26: 301–306.
- Tweney, Ryan D. "Discovering Discovery: How Faraday Found the First Metallic Colloid," Perspectives on Science Volume 14, Number 1, Spring 2006, pp. 97-121 in Project Muse
- Tweney, Ryan D. "Stopping Time: Faraday and the Scientific Creation of Perceptual Order." Physis 1992. 29: 149–164.