MiG-29 (fighter)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to MiG-29 (fighter), or pages that link to MiG-29 (fighter) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/MiG-29 (fighter). Needs checking by a human.
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- F-16 Fighting Falcon : A relatively lightweight land-based multirole fighter, developed by the United States Air Force; co-produced with Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; operated by many nations and to be replaced by the F-35A Lightning II. The F-16CJ model is optimized for SEAD.
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- Fighter aircraft : Airplanes that have a principal mission of destroying other airplanes in flight, often with a secondary capability to attack ground targets
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Su-27 (fighter) : A Soviet/Russian air superiority fighter comparable to the U.S. F-15 Eagle, with many variants as well as export and co-production versions; K version is carrier-capable; Su-30 and Su-34 are derivatives
- Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii : The Russian Air Force, now a single organization as opposed to the multiple flying and missile services of the Soviet era
- Vympel R-73 (missile) : A fourth-generation Russian air-to-air missile, with infrared guidance intended for dogfighting.