Media monitoring/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- Political opinion broadcasting : Electronic publishing of political material, presented with a strong and not necessarily identified component of opinion or even sensationalism
- Accuracy in Media : Founded in 1969, a self-identified conservative media monitoring organization intended to correct what it sees as bias in reporting
- Columbia Journalism Review : Journal published by Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism.
- Fairness and Accuracy in Media : Formed in 1986, a progressive group that uses media monitoring, and work with both activists and journalists, to increase diversity in the press and report on "media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints"; acts against censorship and believes "structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong non-profit sources of information"
- MediaMatters : A web-based, progressive-identified think tank and interest group devoted to media monitoring of positions stated by American conservatives
- Project for Excellence in Journalism : Part of the Pew Research Center and generally considered neutral, a research group to study the performance of the press, particularly content analysis