From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mainz. Needs checking by a human.
- Bundesländer : The largest political subdivisions of Austria and Germany.
- Germany : Federal republic in central Europe (population c. 82.4 million; capital Berlin), with the North Sea, Denmark and the Baltic Sea to the north; Poland and the Czech Republic to the east; Switzerland and Austria to the south; and France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west; founding member of the European Union.
- Johannes Gutenberg : German goldsmith and inventor of movable type printing.
- Nodens : A Romano-British Celtic deity associated with healing, the sea, hunting and dogs.
- Prague : "Capital city of the Czech Republic and, historically, capital of the medieval Bohemian kingdom."
- Printing press : Device for making multiple paper copies of text, invented by Johannes Gutenberg in the 1440s.