Magnetic resonance imaging/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Magnetic resonance imaging, or pages that link to Magnetic resonance imaging or to this page or whose text .
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy : The use of electromagnetic radiation, in the presence of a magnetic field, to obtain information regarding transitions between different nuclear spin states of the nuclei present in the sample of interest.
- Imaging : The generation of visual representations of objects, situations or processes, even when the methods used to generate the image are outside the sensitivity of the human eye.
- Non-destructive imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical-shift imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging : A neuroimaging technique used to monitor task-specific blood oxygenation, primarily in the brain.
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging : A variant of magnetic resonance imaging which incorporates measures of diffusion into the imaging process.
- Diffusion tensor imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Diffusion spectrum imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Non-1H magnetic resonance imaging : Add brief definition or description
- Magnetic resonance microscopy : The use of nuclear magnetic resonance to visualize structures smaller than the resolution limit of the human eye (i.e. below about 100 µm).
- K-space : Add brief definition or description
- MRI pulse sequence : A series of radiofrequency and gradient pulses used to obtain Magnetic Resonance images from a subject or object, e.g. the head of a patient.
- Robert Pound : (1919-2010) American physicist whose work on the effect of gravity on light provided confirmation of Einstein's general theory of relativity and led to the development of magnetic resonance imaging.
- Computed tomography : An imaging technique that computes three-dimensional representations of an object from a series of two-dimensional x-ray images.
- PET : Add brief definition or description
- Neuroimaging : A group of techniques used to visualize structure and function of nervous systems, especially the vertebrate brain.
- Neutron tomography : Add brief definition or description
- Fourier transform : Decomposition to the sum or integral of functions.
- Rice distribution : Add brief definition or description