MQ-9 Reaper/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to MQ-9 Reaper, or pages that link to MQ-9 Reaper or to this page or whose text .
- MQ-1 Predator : A medium-altitude, long-endurance, unmanned aerial vehicle used for armed reconnaissance by the Central Intelligence Agency, and for reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition at the level of Unified Combatant Commands; it will be replaced by its larger descendant, the MQ-9 Reaper
- Unmanned aerial vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- C-130 Hercules : An extremely successful (in production for over 50 years) medium-range military transport aircraft with an extremely wide range of variants, including tanker, special operations and C3I-ISR, and ski-equipped LC-130.
- Joint Direct Attack Munition : An add-on guidance kit that converts a standard Mark 8x "dumb bomb", or ballistic equivalent, into a precision-guided munition, using inertial navigation enhanced with GPS satellite navigation
- AGM-114 Hellfire : A U.S. Army guided missile, fired from attack helicopters, Air Force and CIA unmanned aerial vehicles and ground platforms against tanks and other armored vehicles, bunkers, "soft" vehicles, and cave targets.
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb