MH-60S Knighthawk/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
MH-60S Knighthawk: U.S. Navy utility and mine countermeasures helicopter, replacing CH-46 in non-Marine applications, HH-60H Rescue Hawk, MH-53E Sea Dragon minesweeper
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Anti-submarine warfare : (ASW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking underwater vessels, from platforms under naval command and control.
- H-60 helicopter : A family of light transport helicopters used by the U.S. services, including the standard troop carrier UH-60 Blackhawk, naval rescue and surface/subsurface warfare, and the MH-60 special operations variant that is not really a Black Helicopter but instead very, very dark gray
- CH-46 : An aging medium helicopter that has been the main troop transport helicopter for the U.S. Marine Corps and a utility transport for the U.S. Navy
- HH-60H Rescue Hawk : A naval combat search and rescue helicopter based on the SH-60B Seahawk with extra fuel tanks
- MH-53E Sea Dragon : U.S. Navy heavy helicopter that was used for minesweeping
- AN/WLD-1 : Remote Minehunting System, carried on Burke-class destroyers and Littoral Combat Ships, with a sonar-equipped semi-submersibel unmanned undersea vehicle
- Ticonderoga-class : Modern U.S. Navy cruisers usually serving as carrier or amphibious escorts, but capable of independent action including long-range strike, anti-air/anti-ballistic missile/anti-satellite warfare, naval gunfire support, and antisubmarine warfare.
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- Littoral Combat Ship : Lighter than a U.S. destroyer or frigate, (but heavier than a corvette or fast attack craft) relatively low-cost U.S. Navy warship type, capable of ocean crossings but optimized for coastal operations including mine warfare (MIW), anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface warfare (ASW).