MH-53 Pave Low/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to MH-53 Pave Low, or pages that link to MH-53 Pave Low or to this page or whose text .
- Air Force Special Operations Command : The Air Component of United States Special Operations Command; lineage includes Air Commando units in the Vietnam War
- AAR-57 : Mounted on aircraft, the system detects the ultraviolet energy emissions of missile threats
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- ARC-187 : A multiservice HAVE QUICK II transceiver with JTIDS capability
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- Special reconnaissance : Also known as SR, missions deep in denied areas, conducted by special operations personnel. They may be in or out of uniform. While SR units may direct air, missile, or artillery strikes, they strive to stay undetected.
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- AC-130 : Heavily armed transport aircraft, based on the C-130 Hercules, used to provide air support to special operations forces.
- MC-130 COMBAT TALON : Special operations transport aircraft primarily intended to support ground forces in denied areas, by airdrop or assault landing; secondary capability of helicopter refueling and navigational assistance.