Louis XVI/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Louis XVI, or pages that link to Louis XVI or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Louis XVI. Needs checking by a human.
- Adrien-Marie Legendre : (1752 – 1833) important French mathematician whose name lives on in the Legendre polynomials and associated Legendre functions.
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Ancien Régime : The aristocratic social and political order of France between the 14th and 18th centuries under the Valois and Bourbon dynasties.
- Augustin-Louis Cauchy : (1789 – 1857) prominent French mathematician, one of the pioneers of rigor in mathematics and complex analysis.
- Benjamin Franklin : 1706-1790, American statesman and scientist, based in Philadelphia.
- EBSCO : Privately-held American corporation that manufactures various products (such as fishing lures) and is best known for electronic publishing for libraries.
- France, history : Add brief definition or description
- French Revolution : The revolutionary episode in France that deposed the king and the aristocracy, created a republic, and included a period of terror, in which thousands were killed or driven into exile.
- Gustave-Gaspard Coriolis : (21 May 1792, Paris – 19 September 1843, Paris) French physicist best known for the inertial force called after him (Coriolis force).
- Joseph II : (1741–1790), Holy Roman Emperor and ruler of the Hapsburg (Austrian) territories who was the arch-embodiment of the Enlightenment spirit of the later 18th-century reforming monarchs.
- Kilogram : The kilogram is the basic unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI, metric system).
- Louis XV : (1710-1774), King of France (1715-1774), was the dominant political figure during the Ancien Régime.
- Potato : Herbaceous perennial (Solanum tuberosum), the world's fourth main food crop, widely cultivated for its starchy edible tubers.
- Pseudoscience : Any theory, or system of theories, that is deceptively claimed to be scientific.
- Vitalism : The doctrine that the functioning of a living organism does not result from physical and chemical forces alone.