Los Angeles/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Los Angeles, or pages that link to Los Angeles or to this page or whose text .
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- West Coast of the United States : Bordering the Pacific Ocean, the states of California, Washington and Oregon.
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- California, history since 1846 : Brief history of the Union's thirty-first state from 1846 to the present day.
- Battle of Los Angeles : Peculiar occurrence of wartime hysteria experienced by the City of Angels in the early hours of February 25, 1942.
- Culver City, California : A city in western Los Angeles County, California, mostly surrounded by the city of Los Angeles
- Hollywood : District of the city of Los Angeles, California, synonymous with the American movie and television industry.
- Long Beach, California : Add brief definition or description
- San Francisco : The fourth-largest city in California, and the center of the Bay Area.
- South Coast Air Quality Management District : The local governmental agency in California responsible mainly for regulating stationary sources of air pollution in all of Orange county and the urban portions of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- Billy Chapin : Former child actor of the 1940s and 1950s; best known for his performance in The Night Of The Hunter (1955).
- Blade Runner : 1982 science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford, based on the 1968 Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Bobby Driscoll : Former, academy-awarded child actor of the 1940s and 1950; best known for his performances in some famous Walt Disney pictures.
- Dallas : City in northeastern Texas; population 1,250,180 (2006 estimate).
- Earl Warren : Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States and Governor of California
- For Your Life : A 1976 hard rock song written and recorded by Led Zeppelin, for the album Presence.
- Going to California : A 1971 folk rock song written and recorded by Led Zeppelin, and released off Led Zeppelin IV.
- Guns N' Roses : An American hard rock band from Los Angeles, known for gritty, sleazy, and hard-driving style.
- History of television technology : Chronology of the development and history of television.
- Jefferson Airplane : An American rock band founded in 1965, in San Francisco.
- Kendra Wilkinson : American model best known as one of Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner's three girlfriends appearing with him in the E! Entertainment channel reality series The Girls Next Door.
- Mission San Fernando Rey de España : A former religious outpost established in 1797 on the west coast of North America in the present-day State of California by Roman Catholics of the Franciscan Order under the direction of the Spanish crown.
- Mission San Gabriel Arcángel : A former religious outpost established in 1771 on the west coast of North America in the present-day State of California by Roman Catholics of the Franciscan Order under the direction of the Spanish crown.
- New York City : The largest city in the United States of America and a world center of finance, commerce, communications, and the arts.
- Rock music : A form of popular music with a prominent vocal melody, accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass, usually with a strong back beat, which evolved from earlier rock and roll and rockabilly music styles.
- Sally Jane Bruce : Former child performer, best known for her performance in The Night Of The Hunter, 1955.
- Super Bowl : The name given to the NFL Championship Game in American football
- Tim White : (b. 24 August 1950) American paleoanthropologist and professor of integrative biology, famous for his work on 'Lucy' as Australopithecus afarensis with discoverer Donald Johanson.
- USS Uvalde (AKA-88) : Andromeda-class attack cargo ship
- World Science Fiction Convention : A large annual science fiction convention run by the World Science Fiction Society.