From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Berlin, Isaiah. Four Essays on Liberty (1968) excerpt and text search
- Black, Eugene C. European Political History 1815-1870 Aspects Of Liberalism (1967)
- Cumming, R. D. Human Nature and History: A Study of the Development of Liberal Political Thought, (2 vols. 1969).
- Hartz, Louis. The Liberal Tradition in America: An Interpretation of American Political Thought since the Revolution (1955) online edition
- Hobhouse, L T: Liberalism (1911), Project Gutenberg.
- Plamenatz, John. "Liberalism" in Philip P. Wiener, ed. The Dictionary of the History of Ideas: Studies of Selected Pivotal Ideas, (5 vol. 1974) 3: 37-61 online edition
- Manent, Pierre et al. An Intellectual History of Liberalism (1996) excerpt and text search
- Raphael, D. D., ed. Political Theory and the Rights of Man (1967).
- Rawls, John. "Political Liberalism (1996) 464 pgs. online edition; also excerpt and text search
- Ruggiero, Guido de. The History of European Liberalism, (1927)