|Many thanks December donors; special to Darren Duncan. January donations open; need minimum total $100. Let's exceed that.
Donate here. By donating you gift yourself and CZ.
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
It's not just a radio show. It's an addiction.
After completing the University of Virginia law school, where she was on the Law Review, she was a clerk to Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court of the United States and to Ralph Winter on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Before finishing law school, she was a speechwriter in the Ronald Reagan administration, working at the White House, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Education.
Many of her positions criticize the Democratic Party as trying to obtain excessive control, and possibly giving it to international organizations.
Ten for Ten
On 15 September 2009, she presented "Ten for Ten", or ten positions she believes will return the Republican Party to power in 2010:
- "Taxpayers' Bill of Rights (TABOR). Limit federal spending growth to the percentage in population growth plus the rate of inflation; provide taxpayers the option of filing a post-card sized return using a low, flat tax rate of 15%
- End Tax-funded abortions. Stop federal payments to Planned Parenthood and prohibit any taxpayer-subsidized health insurance plan from covering abortion
- Defend American Borders. Complete America's border-protection initiatives using remaining funds from the so-called stimulus bill
- King Dollar. Preserve a strong dollar so that Americans' savings aren't wiped out by inflation and the U.S. dollar remains the world's reserve currency
- Empower American Business. Immediately slash corporate tax rates to 15% and scrap the capital gains tax altogether
- Defend America. Strengthen America to defend our homeland and fully fund an operational, layered missile-defense system
- Statism Exit Plan. De-fund czars; immediately cease bailout payments to failed companies; ban future bailouts
- End Generational Theft. As few believe America's entitlement programs will be able to pay benefits to future generations, provide younger workers the choice of diverting payroll/Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts
- Restore America's System of Justice. Introduce penalties for frivolous lawsuits, where those who launch unsuccessful lawsuits are liable for the defendants' legal bills
- American Energy Independence. All-of-the-Above strategy that embraces alternatives, expands and accelerates exploration and production of oil and natural gas, and jumpstarts dramatic increases in nuclear power
Initially declared supporters were:
- Tom Price (R-Georgia), chairman of the Republican Study Committee
- Michael Williams, Texas Railroad Commissioner & Republican candidate for Senate
- Rep. Jep Hensarling (R-Texas), member of the Republican Study Committee
- Rick Crawford, Republican congressional candidate, Arkansas 1st district
- Marco Rubio, Florida Republican senatorial candidate
- Michelle Malkin, conservative talk show host and author
- Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Texas), member of the Republican Study Committee
- Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colorado), member of the Republican Study Committee
- Erick Erickson, editor of RedState.com
- Rob Curnock Republican congressional candidate, Texas 17th district
Health care reformShe is strongly opposed to the Democratic plans for health care reform, considering them truly a way of centralizing power; she advocates a protest called Code Red.
It's time we all stop pretending that what is happening with this Obamacare debate is about "helping the uninsured" or "fixing the healthcare system" or "giving the people what they want." It's about none of those things. Its about amassing as much power in a central government as humanly possible. It's about wealth redistribution. It's social engineering at its absolute worst. 
SovereigntyHer criticism of Barack Obama, at the climate conference in Copenhagen, is directed at an underlying political agenda. She quotes George Allen, former Republican Governor of Virginia on her website:
President Obama is using EPA power to placate UN Climate Change bureaucrats and harm American jobs, families and businesses. Judges and bureaucrats should not make laws, nor should we be surrendering our sovereignty, diminishing the American Dream or sending our money to other countries for this global warming hype. In today's global economy, Americans compete with people from nations all around the world and any plan that makes America less competitive by restricting our energy use through heavy government regulation - under the guise of global warming - is Unilateral Economic Disarmament.
In what the Washington Post called the "Battle of the GOP blondes", Ingraham criticized the weight of John McCain's daughter Meghan McCain, triggering a response that Ingraham would not engage with Ms. McCain on intellectual issues. 
- ↑ The Laura Ingraham Show
- ↑ Winning Washington by Empowering Americans, LauraIngraham.com, September 15, 2009
- ↑ Laura Ingraham (8 December 2009), Momentum Building for Code Red Rally
- ↑ George Allen (11 December 2009), Save Our Sovereignty
- ↑ Roxanne Roberts and Amy Argetsinger (16 March 2008), "All's Fair in the Battle of the GOP Blondes", Washington Post
- ↑ "Quit Talking About My Weight, Laura Ingraham", The Daily Beast, 14 March 2009